Thursday, November 29, 2012

Graphic Novels

In the late 80's early 90's is when we actually see the beginning of the graphic novel coming to the scene. What is interesting about graphic novels is that they are one stories and can be non cannon to the main weekly issues. What I like about graphic novels is that I could just jump into the story and will not get confused with the situation in the plot. I think that with graphic novels you can relate with the character's and to the events or situations that happen in the stories.

One of the graphic novels that I read was Watchmen by Alan Moore. Not only that it had great visual movie it centers around with politics and the re-imagining the mythos of the superhero. What I enjoy about the story is that the superheroes are not all super, more psychotic and I find that to be a nice change of pace for those who are use to the traditional superheroes. It also dives into politics and and to some of the current events that have been happening in the world. A definite recommend to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment