Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Manga

Manga Has become such a culture phenomenon from being a comic media in japan. At first when Manga was introduced in the united states it had a little fan base in the early years but blew up into the mainstream audience in the late 90's and continues to gain a wide fan base. In my honest opinion I feel that with manga the stories and artwork seem to be more original and have a lot of symbolism behind them. When reading manga you feel as though you are watching a afternoon drama. Sometimes with manga their are whole list of genres and styles of art.

The Manga that I read was Deadman Wonderland written by Jinsei Kataoka and illustrated by Kazuma  Kondou, and boy might I say this is one intense series. Imagine if the SAW franchise was mixed with an amusement park, the story itself is interesting but it has that traditional conspiracy with torture horror. Throughout the series it goes from horror to a complete left turn into a battle manga and I find it to be a great change of pace to the story. I would recommend Deadman Wonderland to anyone who is into horror stories and gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment