Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Webcomics

With the use off printed comics declining web comics have become more and more popular in recent years. Printed comics to me feel as though they are still popular are for the sake of nostalgia or collector's items. I think with web comics its a good way for ammeter artists and writers to show their work. With web comics they also are more accessible to tablets, computers, and cellphones. I think that web comics are not a temporary phase but in my opinion I still prefer printed comics.

The web comic series that I have been reading, and have been reading for a while is Megatokyo by Fred Gallagher and Rodney Caston. The comic started in 2000 and continues today with merchandise, and huge fanbase. What I like about this series is that it was relatable to what my interests were growing up. I also enjoyed how the two main characters were based off the creators and putting the characters in these crazy adventures that the creators always fantasized. Definitely recommend This web comic series to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment